Apologies for my late Golden Globe commentary and fashion highlights.
Last week’s Globes rocked and the fashions were flawless.
Some of my favorite frames:
- Jessica Chastain wins for “Zero Dark Thirty” and her heartfelt speech honoring Director Kathryn Bigelow. Bravo Jessica! You deserve it! And OMG…did you know Bigelow is 61!
- Standing Ovation for Best Director Ben Affleck for “Argo”. I loved how he thanked his wife, Jennifer Garner.
- Jodie Foster’s not-quite-coming-out speech. Scary and dramatic. I am not sure what she was trying to say but I loved it nonetheless. Yes Jodie, you are 50 and fabulous! 47 years in acting and “Loud, proud and single”!
- Robert Downey Jr. looking impeccable. What a turnaround he has accomplished.
- So grateful super woman Tina Fey did not win.
- Sally Field at 66 looking the best ever!
- Anne Hathaway calling her Golden Globe “a weapon against self doubt”.
- The hilarious SNL team of Kristen Wigg and Will Ferrell, playing off of each other. Both Wiig and Ferrell stole the spotlight for almost ten minutes before presenting the award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical to Jennifer Lawrence for her work in “Silver Linings Playbook.”
- And Bon Jovi! …OMG…Golden Globes heaven.
- Loved that Adel won for movie score, “Skyfall”
- J Lo, Salma and Eva beautiful as ever.
- Kate Hudson scary rockstar stunning.
- Tina Fey’s ravishing hair and blue dress.
- George Clooney and Juliana Margulies together on the red carpet and still looking so damn hot.
My Best Dressed:
Lena Dunham in Zac Posen
Salma Hayek in Gucci
Kate Hudson in Alexander McQueen
Glen Close in Zac Posen
Jodie Foster in Armani
Sally Field in Alberta Ferretti
Kristen Wiig in Michael Kors
My Worst Dressed:
Lucy Liu in Carolina Herrera. (Was that a wedding cake under her dress?)